Software & Plugins
SketchUpArtists Spotlight – software is primarily designed to feature articles on developers and their software that have quickly become of the the mainstay of many parts of the design industry and those with new exciting and innovative software.
- Thea for SketchUp: the people and the plugin Solid Iris (the folks behind Kerkythea and Thea Render Studio) have been busying themselves over the past few months, having successfully updated their latest render plugin….read the latest on the new plugin…looks like rendering just got easier.
- Raylectron – interview with Jack Martin Another new render plug-in is making the headlines, we went to find out all about it! An interview with Jack Martin, Business Manager for SoftByte Labs.
- Maxwell for Google SketchUp – Interview with Jeremy Hill & Juan Cañada We recently had the oportunity to throw a few questions at some of the team working behind the scenes at Next Limit Technologies, to see what is so different about this rendering plug-in. Why choose Maxwell for Google SketchUp?…..lets find out.
- Interview – Dale Martens and Artisan – organic SketchUp? SketchUpArtists managed to grab an interview recently with Dale, the creator of Artisan, and gently ‘grilled’ him on Artisan’s abilities as a sculpting plug-in alternative for SketchUp and what his plans were for the future development of this ground breaking organic toolset for Google SketchUp.
- Interview – Renditioner Pro V2 and Bob Mayer The new release of Renditioner Pro v2 has been completely re-written and supports many new features and enhancements. We were interested in finding out more, especially with so many new releases of rendering software hitting the market place in the past few months, we were wondering what makes Renditioner Pro V2 so different? We managed to grab an interview with Bob Mayer, Chief Operating Officer of IMSI/Design.
- David Thoiron and FotoSketcher We recently had the opportunity to speak with David Thoiron, creator of FotoSketcher, a free program which has the ability to convert your digital images into art automatically using fully adjustable filters. David gave us a brief insight into his background and the development of his software. There is also a collection of great FotoSketcher images by some talented 3D artists and modelers with their particular settings used to create some pretty cool images.