SketchUpArtists Spotlight – the modeler is primarily designed to feature articles on you the modeler and for those of us looking for inspiration. Whether it is through an interview, a case study or simply to display some of your outstanding work, you will be in the Spotlight!
- The London 3D Project Two enthusiastic 3D modelers want to go much further and quickly populate larger areas of Central London in Google Earth, with its diverse, interesting and historical architecture. SketchUpArtists recently interviewed the guys behind the London 3D Project to learn a bit more about the challenging task they have set themselves.
- Adam Warner is a full time Architectural Illustrator and Intern Interior Designer at Desmone & AssociatesArchitects. Adam received his B.S. in Interior Design from LaRoche College, where he was recognized as a top contender for the 2009 Interior Design Educational Achievement Award. As an Architectural Illustrator, Adam specializes in computer rendering and 3D animation. Check out Identity Nightclub!
- Ricardo Cossoli is a student of architecture and CAD designer working for the architectural visualization company Three Dimensions. He and his partner work together, examining projects, plans, modeling to the last detail. They make the respective renders and their services today are focused on creating architectural photo realistic images, from modeling to the final stage, whatever the type or scope of project they try to do it as professionally as they can for the benefit of future reference.
- Jacques Cleghorn better know as ’silver_shadow’ does full time 3D design work for the firm MLB Architects in Cape Town, South Africa. Jacques has been working with Google SketchUp for a number of years now and is running the 3D department side of the office. He does mostly medium to large scale developments. The way his firm uses SketchUp is purely for design purposes, to aid them in what has been drawn in 2D basically.
- Pepe’s choice of models and especially his amazing application of textures and photo matching has left us speechless. Here is a sample of some of his work. These great models and much more are all available for download.